Annual Winterising Service
That all too familiar time of the year is here again. Leaves are falling from the trees, and the grass is dormant. The summer flowers are gone. The days are shorter and the nights are colder. Winter is upon us. Winter is my favourite time of the year. After a lazy summer, I look forward to this time of year. It has its good and bad points. It’s good that I don’t have to cut the grass for months. It’s terrible that I must pack away the garden furniture for several months. It’s good that I don’t have to keep stocking the freezer with ice lollies and ice cream, but the bad thing is we have the cost of turning the heating on.
Winter is also the time of year you need to decide if your camping season is over. Winterising a motor caravan requires some preventive measures so it will be ready to use next spring. You’ll also be glad you did it when you don’t have costly repair bills due to the damaging results of winter.
Remember this needs doing even if you are driving your camper daily, as the parts not being used will rust or crack under freezing stopping it working next year. Even worse, you can grow mould and bacteria, causing damage to wood and plastics, but even worse than that YOU!
What included in winterise service
- Drain water system and insert Tank fresh fluid
- Disconnect gas system
- Empty and clean cupboards from anything that may go mouldy
- Clean fridge and supply carbon crystals - It keeps the fridge smelling fresh.
- Clean and service the following to stop ingression of water
- On pop-top roofs - See our Pop Top Elevating Roof Annual Service
- On high top and motorhome roofs clean around skylights and remove debris and apply silicon lubricant to the rubbers to stop them from perishing. And cover to prevent winter deterioration and grime.
All you have left to do ready for the season is
- fill up water system with water for 24 hours and drain before your first outing.
- Reconnect gas bottle.
- Enjoy another year.