Metal Gas Cylinder Bottle Lockers that fit 904 Campingaz
Metal Cylinder Bottle Locker
Item is powder coated in black and has a sealed door to fit gas bottle/canister.
Customer needs to drill a vent hole to ensure vent passes through to underneath of van.
Campingaz 904 gas bottle 240mm width x 260mm depth x 300mm height fits under Smart bed
Please note that the Gas Bottle, Strap, Gas Fittings, Vent, Pipe and Regulator Kit are not included...
The Law in the UK
In the UK vehicles being used for work purposes have to show stickers indicating the vehicle is carrying compressed gas. If the vehicle is not being used for work, i.e. a camper van, you do NOT have to show the stickers.
However, it is considered a good practice to have the stickers if you are carrying compressed gas. The fire brigade finds great benefit in seeing the sticker if there should be a road accident, as it helps them contain the incident more quickly. But, only show the sticker when you are carrying gas, otherwise, the fire brigade will be miss lead.
Note: If you are showing the gas sticker on your vehicle, expect to get stopped occasionally by the police when they check how your gas is stored. We all must remember this is a good thing, as it will pick up the badly converted campers. As we don't want them catching fire next to our camper on the campsite!!
So in the UK:
- a vehicle is permitted to carry a maximum of 2 x 10 litre bottles of compressed gas, unless the vehicle is ventilated with a rotating rooftop device, then the limit is higher.
- Flammable gas MUST be carried upright at all times.
- Warning diamonds must also be displayed, if for reward. Green for High Pressure, Red for Flammable.
- BS EN 1949:2002 Installation of LPG Systems – Specification for the installation of LPG systems for habitation purposes in leisure accommodation vehicles and in other road vehicles
CCCAMPERS have summarised some of the main bits of BS EN 1949 below:
2. Cylinder Compartment
2.1 Requirements for the construction of the compartment
- With the exception of 2.3 below, cylinder compartments shall be sealed from the inside living accommodation part of the vehicle and shall be accessible from the outside of the vehicle only.
- LPG cylinder must be positioned away from heat sources (exhaust system) as described in 2.4 below.
- The compartment must be designed so that cylinders can be secured rigidly (to prevent cylinder movement when the vehicle is in motion) and in the upright position with the valve uppermost (to ensure only gas [vapour] can be drawn from the cylinder and not liquid LPG). There must be a means of securing cylinder/s at both high and low level.
- Access to any connections, changeover valves and pressure regulators must not be obstructed.
- Replacement of cylinders must be possible without disturbing any installations or ancillary equipment.
- Devices to secure cylinders in position must be able to be opened and closed without the use of tools.
- No appliances, components or fittings shall be installed in the cylinder compartment that can cause damage to the LPG installation or ignite escaping gas. (E.g. batteries or uninsulated electrical components etc.)
2.2 Cylinder compartments accessible from outside the vehicle
- Cylinder compartments must be permanently ventilated to the exterior of the vehicle.
- If the ventilation is provided only at low level, the ventilated area must be 2% of the compartments floor area, with a minimum of 10,000mm2. (E.g.100mm X 100mm). If the ventilation is provided at both high and low level the ventilated area must be 1% of the floor area, with a minimum of 5,000 mm2 (50mm X 50mm).
- It shall not be possible for the cylinder/s to obstruct the ventilation area.
2.3 Cylinder compartments accessible from inside the vehicle
- For motor caravans where penetration of a type approved base vehicles bodywork would be required to provide external access, internal access to the cylinder compartment would be permitted providing the following conditions are met:
- The compartment can contain a maximum of two cylinders each having a capacity of not more than 16kg.
- Access to the cylinder compartment from the inside living accommodation part of the vehicle is only provided via an attached sealed door or hatch. The bottom of such a door or hatch must be a minimum of 50mm above the floor level of the cylinder compartment.
- If the cylinder compartment accessible only from inside of the vehicle cannot be ventilated similarly to that referred to in 2.2 above, the following alternative arrangements must be made:
- Ventilation may be provided by a single duct providing the following measures are taken:
- Only one cylinder may be installed with a maximum of 7 kg.
- The duct shall have a minimum diameter of 20 mm.
- The maximum length of the duct shall not exceed 5 times the internal diameter of the duct, but may be extended to 10 times the internal duct diameter to avoid interference with under-floor flue outlets.
- The duct shall be at a low level in the floor and resistant to LPG.
- The duct shall fall throughout its entire length to the outside of the vehicle.
Please check delivery:
We Also Recommend
Pop top Elevating roof rubber wind deflector (Reimo Spoiler) Fits Austop Westdubs Hilo Skyline
Genuine Vivaro B Post Trims front to back bulkhead seat belt also fits Trafic, NV300 & Talento